Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Julie Julia...

Do you belong to those who have been fortunate enough to see this movie? I have not, and have been waiting for it for two whole years. Believe it or not! So what I am wondering about is....Is it good?, are there good scenes for our minis to replicate? Does Meryl Streep do a good job imitating Julia Child or what? Did you laugh or did you drool;) I have come to think that I feel that I am half American/ half French cause that is just the chicest, oh yes I also would like to be a little bit Spanish and Italian....
But I am Norwegian, and to be honest a proud one too:)



Julie and Julia

4 comments:

Kim said...

I saw this movie and I loved it. I don't know how good a job Meryl did because I do not know much about Julia Child- but I think Meryl is an amazing actress so I am thinking she did great. I loved the 2 storylines in the movie- and found it very interesting to learn more about Julia Child's life. I think there could be some scenes that you could replicate in miniature :)

Paris Miniatures said...

Meryl Streep, Nora Ephron and cooking, that can't be bad....But it came out a few days ago here in France so ....too early for me!

Christel said...

I thought that you had seen this movie, Kim:)..Lucky girl!! Most movies come here quickly. This one however I don't think is very popular in my country as many people doesn't know Julia Child. I have bought several of her old DVDs in black and white and I love them. Hurry up Paris miniatures to see it and tell us what you think...I am sorry I don't remember your real name! I do remember that you do beautiful work;) Wow what a stand in Paris! Would love to see you again. Oh, my.. Writing a letter here;) Thanks!

Christel said...

I have now seen the movie and loved it too:) Meryl is amazing in this movie. I will defiantly visit The Smithsonian Museum one day and see the kitchen in real life. I have loads of Julia's DVDs and of course some of her cookbooks. I feel inspired:)